Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Well...

As not to make it a year since my last post, I have decided to take up blogging yet again. Let's skip the boring rant about being busy and such.



I recently purchased the Revlon lipstick in Pink Pout that is part of their matte line. I had heard it could be a decent dupe for the Viva Glam Gaga lipstick and Mac Snob. I was hesitant at first about buying it, but ended it up picking it up at my local Target for around 5 dollars. We were going out to dinner that night, so I decided to put it on. I put a layer of Carmex as I had heard the matte lipsticks tend to be extremely drying. After I applied it, my mother said she liked it. For some reason, my mother's opinion of makeup and clothes always solidifies things for me. She then went on to say that I looked like one of the girls on Jerseylicious on the Style Network. I don't really mind that either.... I still can't decide if I can actually pull it off. The lipstick has a blue undertone and for someone with Olive Skin such as myself, I just can't decide. I had a light blue Michael Kors blouse on today for school, so I decided to give the lipstick a try. I actually liked it and did not get as many strange looks as I thought I would from people around campus. The staying power is nice. I would never put the lipstick on without a chapstick underneath. I noticed that about after three hours, lines started to show on my lips. But, I was drinking a beverage in class, so rubbing off is to be expected. While I am still not sure if it is the right lipstick for me, I do think the color is gorgeous. I am gonna to keep wearing it most likely, until someone tells me I look like a crazy person.

No comments: